Thursday, October 1, 2015

Cross Quilt

Everytime I see a quilt like this on instagram or on a blog, I want to make one myself.  The contrast of black and white is so striking.  Plus, black and white totally works for boy or girl.  
It seems like all my friends are having babies, and I've been busy making quilts.  I love baby quilts.  such fast projects, and this one was just that!  Quick!  I sewed the top together in a short afternoon before my kids came home from school, and then quilted it in about the same time.
I love this minty print by April Rhodes (Triangle Tokens), a perfect gender neutral print.  This might be my favorite fabric right now.  I love the color and the little triangles (some are gold!).
 bound in a goldish yellow stripe.


also wanted to let you all know that Fat Quarter Shop is having a big sale on the ever popular Cotton + Steele Fabrics.  Check it out!  Sale ends Sunday, Oct 4.
use code: CS2015

2 comments:

  1. Love the way the binding works on this black and white ! Such a nice little pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great pattern for a black and white quilt. Love your bit of gold in the binding too! Just perfect.:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...